http://i43.tinypic.com/23w42ty.jpg
My biggest goal for my freshman year: SPOP.
Stands for Student Parent Orientation Program, here, at UCI.
Basically, I get to be an orientation staffer. Incoming freshmen visit the campus for orientation during summer and stay over in one of the halls in Mesa Court. The Staffers are assigned to one hall and to those kids they have to watch over for those two days. Get to help them choose classes, make new friends, figure out opportunities to pursue, hang out, bond, etc.
There were 605 applicants (including Returners that have to reapply) and only approximately 130 positions. Not all the returners get chosen again, but that definitely factors in to how many spots are left after that..Basically, chances were super slim.
I honestly, honestly, didn't think I got it. My interview was better compared to the other three, not so passionate people in my group interview. I wasn't confident that THAT interview would be good enough to get me in compared to the other 605 applicants. I hope it was my online application and resume that helped :) And maybe... they saw how passionate I truly was in my interview, just couldn't express it entirely...
I feel so lucky. So excited. So pumped. So stoked. So happy.
"].
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
yaay :D
Post a Comment