Wednesday, December 16, 2009

DAY #3: THIS IS A LONG ONE!

DAY #3: Les Dorians




























HMM... what were the order of events..
I woke up early once again... ate breakfast... OH YEAH. Went to Luxembourg park with with my mom and sister. MANNN I WISH I HAD MY CAMERA. IT WAS MAGNIFICENT! The weather was BEAUTIFUL, such clear skies, but super super cold. We sat on some chairs next to the fountain. I listened to music as they read. The fountaing water was half frozen, half not. The white pigeons here are so pretty!!! It was a very nice walk :).

So my cousin, Vinh, the one who's staying in Cali with us, came home to Paris for the holidays, too! He came to us around 2 PM and we went walking to the Louvre and I saw the Eiffel Tower in the distance along with a ferris wheel. ahhaha I was having a lot of fun walking around and visiting the really nice stores. Paris is beautifulllll during the holidays with lights hanging on the buildlings and twinkling decorations and beautiful people walking the streets. Seriously, everyone here is so fashionable and so good looking. They definitely pwn the states.





























Two stores I remember mostly:
COLLETTE: SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL. It's like an Urban Outfitters except 100x better, organization, decorations, more gorgeous workers, wayyy more expensive. LEAH YOU WOULD HAVE EFFIN' DIEDDD. LIKE WOWWWWW. I wish I could have taken photos. (I was sneaky and took a quick shot of the shoes.. blurry but there they are!) It's more of a museum than a store. SERIOUSLY.
UNIQLO: It's like H&M and American Apparel combined. Cheap, lots of colors, lots of clothes, really crowded.



















































We walked for like 2 hours straight and it got SUPER cold. Though, I don't mind walking here. In Irvine, when you walk to places, it seems way too far and inconvenient because no one else is walking the streets and you have nothing to look at. In Paris, you've got people overflowing the streets and stores on every corner and street. No wonder parisienne people are in such good shape!















We returned home and I was definitely falling asleep while standing on the bus. Ate dinner with my grandparents and then my sister and I went to meet up with Meg and Annie (the american girls) at a sushi restaurant in Muftard (sp?). We didn't eat, just chatted. Then we went to the Fifth's bar next door... they had their drinks. My sister bought me one and forced me to drink it. Another point: a lot of people tell me to drink but they don't pressure me any further than just simply mentioning it. My sister legite-ly forces me too. I didn't drink that much of the mixed drink she bought me (a cosmos?). I was perfectly fine. I realized I will only drink it slowly to look like I'm drinking, but I'm not actually taking it in ahha :)

Sidenote: I really don't need to drink to have fun. I don't need to be under the influence to have more fun. I can simply get high on life by myself and I love it. So, don't ever pressure me into drinking to have a good time or to be less awkward in awkward party sitautions. I don't need it.


















Afterwards, we took the metro to the pier where Mai-Lan's/Meg's guy friends' band were performing at a bar on a boat. Went to that, had to pay 8 dollars to get in. The girls got more to drink and I just rocked it out naturally. The bands were aiite.... Les Dorians, the last band that performed, was their friends. Practically no one stayed to watch them by that time (11PM) and it was a pretty awkward show. The lead guitarist/singer's A guitar string broke.... Really sucky.
After the show, we ran to catch the last metro and finally arrived home.

Long day.

P.S. I came to the conclusion that I don't know if I'd want to study abroad in Paris. Knowing that the social scene is basically: smoking, casually drinking, house partying... is not my scene. I need something more calm. I don't know what exactly.. because I feel like all other worlds out there drink a lotttttt. Or just basically that the social life IS that, even if it casually drinking. I don't like alcohol! What am I to do!!?? I definitely want to practice french still.. just where now.....

No comments: