Monday, December 14, 2009

Paris #1















































































DAY 1: Arrival
After a long plane ride (3 hours to Houston, Texas, 2 hour wait in between flights, and 9 hours to Paris, France), we arrived at 8:30 AM. It was snowing!... but only a drizzle, which melted when it hit the ground...but that was cool :). I guess I'll count that as my second time ever seeing it snow.
We took the train to my grandparent's house. Showered, napped, snacked.
Then, we headed over to a sushi restaurant to meet up with other extended family. My sister and I sat at the kid's table... with a 16 and 14 year old along with their younger siblings. Conversation was quite difficult...
Quiet dinner at home and then v-chatted with kim for the remainder of the night.

DAY 2: $150 Boots...Fack
Woke up at 9 AM to the sound of construction RIGHT outside the window. They are fixing up the outside of my grandparent's apartment building.... sooo loud. One of the drill sounds sounded like a large fart eruption. Seriously.. I mistook it for my grandpa first time I heard it...then I realized that it was too loud to be humanely done.
I oovooed with Justice and then Melody signed on, too. We are now going to start using Tokbox, because oovoo won't let us have more than 3 people without downloading the actual plan or whatever.
My sister took my mom and I around to her favorite places when she lived here for a quarter. We had Falafel's, visited her favorite vintage store (which was too lazy to look around in but..LEAH YOU WOULD HAVE LOVED IT!) Went to the CUTEST, QUAINTEST bookstore ever. You'll see it in my photos I upload when I'm back...but...LEAH YOU WOULD HAVE LOVED IT... along with Melissa! We went shopping, saw the Notre Dame, and other things. I spent about 45 minutes at a shoe store debating if I should get this pair of boots or not.. comparing it to others....questioning the price.. blah blah. I eventually bought 100 Euro boots.... equivalent to around 150$. And I feel horrible. I could have saved lives with that money... but my sister and my mom were growing impatient with me and thought the boots were super nice.. and didn't understand why I wouldn't buy them. Effers..... I WILL NEVER BUY BOOTS AGAIN!!! ..... these are an INVESTMENT. Yes...that is how I'm making myself feel better. Unless I randomly come upon like...30$ boots in the future that are super cyoote.... BAD MAI-THI!!!
Anyways... we walked back, getting crepesand then sitting down at a corner cafe for some coffee. I'm finally back at my grandparent's house and it's fucking cold outside. I should stop wearing my peacoat and start wearing my snow jacket. But the peacoat's so much more fashionable....
My sister's going to a party tonight and she told me to come along..I don't know if I want to :/ I feel awkward in party settings. Especially with people I can't communicate with!

1 comment:

Leah said...

HAHA how cute are you in those pictures?! you must be laahving it though, finally getta wear layers and coats and scarves and boots! i really like yo' fuzzy hat. (i bought a cloche one at UO this weekend, but it was only ten bucks!)

ah your whole day sounds lovely :) HAHA i can imagine the boots scenario. but yaay boots! investments are good. hopefully they'll stay in wearable condition until after you tire of them (decades down the line) and then your daughter, if you ever have one, can wear them too! 'cause i still wear my mama's boots lolz. i need new laces for them though.

ah and my sister would always go to clubs nd stuff in england, but i could never go with her because i wasn't old enough. and the year that i am old enough is the year she goes to england by herself. baawh. but i do think that a party scene in which you couldn't make conversation with anyone might be slightlay..difficult haha,

also i feel ya about the coat. it's like when i wore my not-walking-shoes-but-cute-flats in london and they gave me blisters. in the end i decided it was worth it HAHA

i should just message you jeeez this is lawng