Not gonna lie.. this birthday prettttty much sucked! woo.
--
edit!!!!!.. later :) better ending.
--
DAY #6: 19th BIRTHDAY.
MY mom woke us up at 6 FREAKIN' AM to get ready for our train trip to Koln, Germany. The fack! We ended up waiting until 9 AM to get picked up by my aunt. Went to the RER, boarded that.. took it to the train station... waited for the train there which was late... got on the train... took over 3 hours with an added 40 minute because of technical difficulties along with whatever minutes it took for the train to take three stops before Koln. We finally arrived around 1:40 PM and then drove to my aunt's apartment here. Phew. Not a good start.
We had a very meaty lunch of weiners and turkey spam looking things. Sat around with my cousin, Tam, and watched movie trailers with her.
I was feeling super down because my day was just sucking so much.. when I went onto facebook and saw birthday comments... I know that sounds super retarded...but I sincerely got so happy, especially to see videos from my dear friends :). It reallly helped. I felt so ...somewhat lonely here without my friends. I know it sounds bad... that I should technically be thankful to spend my birthday with my family but.. I don't know..sometimes I feel like birthday's are meant to be spent with your close friends.
AND THEN THE OTHER SURPRISE! The doorbell rang and in came Toan and Hoan!!!! The brothers of Tam!!!! I was SOOO HAPPPPY!! They were supposed to arrive tomorrow but they only told us that to keep it as a surprise! :D :D :D. Toan makes me crack up SOOO MUCH! Just looking at his facial expressions or listening to him talk makes me laugh.
Tam, Toan, Hoan, Mai-Lan, and I decided to take a walk around the town. We ended up walking around the "Christmas Market." Basically, it consists of little house looking vendors with warm food and drinks for passerbys. The little tiny street area is filled with people sippin' on MUGS of hot wine or eating greasy fried food. But it was so so wonderful. There were lights above the street and just the spirit of the holiday's all around. My cousins are SO fun to talk to/hang out with/ joke around with. They are greattttt. It definitely made my day so much better.
After a great little break outside, we returned to the house for dinner. Had a bit of pastries for our "birthday cake" and then I showered.
Overall, an O.K. Birthday only because of my cousins. Other than that it sucked! haha..
Byzeeway, tried to assert myself to my sister today.. didn't work.. guess it'll never occur in her mind at all.. worth the try!
Thank you for your birthday messages. :D It really brightened my day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
soo you're in germany now. chawesome. the "christmas market" sounds so cozy and lovely :) i'z especially jealous because i still haven't felt much of the christmas spirit yet and...xmas is 4 days away.
Post a Comment